VMware VCP510 Exam - Cheat-Test.com
Free VCP510 Sample Questions:
1. An ESX Administrator plans to install additional supported components on the ESX Server that would increase the memory requirements for the Service Console. Which ESX Server partition would also need to be increased during installation as a result?
2. Which of the following tasks can be selected from the home page of an ESX Server (Choose Three)?
A. Browse Objects Managed by this Host
B. Browse Virtual Machines in this Host's inventory
C. Download VMware Web Access Client
D. Browse Datastores in this Host's inventory
E. Download VMwarevCenter Server
3. Creating which of the following optional partitions would change the default partition size for /?
4. Additional licensing is required once the number of cores per CPU reaches wh ich of the following?
A. 16 or more cores
B. 12 or more cores
C. 8 or more cores
D. 6 or more cores
5. What is the maximum number of cores that can be used with Standard licensing?
6. Which of the following features is not a part of the vSphere Advanced Edition?
A. VMware High Availability
B. VMware vShield Zones
C. VMware DRS
D. VMware Fault Tolerance
7. Which vSphere Editions include VMware Data Recovery (Choose Two)?
A. vSphere Essentials Plus or higher
B. vSphere Advanced or higher
C. vSphere Standard or higher
D. vSphere Essentials or higher
8. What are the minimum vSphere Small Business and Medium/Enterprise Editions that include VMware Data Recovery (Choose Two)
A. vSphere Essentials Plus
B. vSphere Standard
C. vSphere Advanced
D. vSphere Essentials
9. Before you upgrade an ESX host what should you do?
A. back up /proc, /mnt, /tmp, custom scripts and all VMFS datastores
B. back up /home, /etc/init.d and /boot
C. back up /etc/passwd, /etc/groups, /etc/shadow, /etc/gshadow, custom scripts and local VMFS
D. back up /var/logs, /usr, /bin and the dmesg output
10. Before you upgrade an ESXi host what should you do?
A. update the ESXi restore CD with the current ESXi image
B. save the current ESXi image to another ESXi server
C. copy the embedded ESXi image to a USB flash drive
D. save the ESXi configuration using vicf g-cfgbackp s from the vCLI
11. vCenter Update Manager is capable of upgrading which of the following
B. Service Console
C. Virtual Machine Hardware
D. vSphere Client
E. VMware Tools
12. Securing an ESX service console is important because?
A. Service Console actions can affect all VMs on an ESX host
B. Service Console permissions are applied to users when logging in to a host via vCenter
C. VMs run in the service console
D. VMs depend on the patch level of the service console
13. ESX Service Console patches should be applied (Choose Two)?
A. as instructed by VMware authorized technical support personnel
B. when an issue is identified
C. as Red Hat makes patches available
D. as VMware makes patches available
14. ESX Service Console patches should be applied (Choose Two)?
A. in accordance with VMware Security Advisories
B. when notified on the VMware Security Blog
C. when advised by VMware authorized technical support personnel
D. in accordance with VMware and RedHat Security Advis ories
15. The ESX Service Console file system structure should (Choose Two)?
A. provide separate mount points for /tmp, /var/log and /home
B. avoid filling /
C. avoid filling /home
D. provide separate mount points for /tmp, /var/log, /hom e and /etc
16. Which of the following are true regarding the ESX Service Console file system structure (Choose Two)?
A. separate mount points are created for /tmp, /var/log and swap by default
B. running out of space on /var/log can cause v Sphere Client connectivity disruptions
C. running out of space on /can cause vSphere Client connectivity disruptions
D. separate mount points are created for /var/log and swap by default
17. The default ESX service console firewall (Choose Two)?
A. blocks all traffic unless specifically allowed
B. is configured for medium security
C. allows all traffic unless specifically blocked
D. is configured for high security
18. ESX Service Console user authentication (Choose Two)?
A. requires users to change their passwords every 6 months by default
B. can use a central directory service for password checking only
C. requires local accounts
D. controls vCenter authentication for vSphere Client users
19. Installing additional software in the ESX Service Console is supported in which of the following
A. for hardware management support
B. for improved utilization of the ESX host resources
C. for graphical desktop access for administrative purposes
D. for enhanced virus protection
20. An administrator is installing an ESX Host to boot from a SAN LUN. Which of the following two
requirements are necessary when configuring the HBA in the ESX Host (Choose
A. The HBA BIOS must be enabled
B. The HBA must be plugged into the lowest available PCI bus and slot number
C. The HBA BIOS must be disabled
D. The HBA must be plugged into the highest available PCI bus and slot number
21. An administrator is installing an ESX Host to boot f rom a SAN LUN. The storage array is an
active/passive array. After configuring the boot LUN and installing ESX, the system does not boot properly.
Which of the following could cause this issue?
A. The Storage Processor port specified in the BIOS configura tion of the HBA is passive
B. The LUN specified in the BIOS configuration of the HBA is active
C. The Storage Processor port specified in the BIOS configuration of the HBA is active
D. The LUN specified in the BIOS configuration of the HBA is passive
22. Under which of the following conditions would an administrator consider using the Boot from SAN option for the ESX Host (Choose Two)?
A. When concern exists that contention might occur between the Service Console and the VMkernel
B. When using Microsoft Cluster Service
C. To easily replicate the Service Console to a remote site
D. In diskless hardware configurations
23. What is the proper LUN Masking configuration for LUNs presented to an ESXi Host when using the Boot from SAN option?
A. The Boot LUN should be masked so that only one ESXi Host can see the LUN, while the datastore LUNS should be masked so that all ESXi Hosts can see the LUNs
B. The Boot LUN and datastore LUNS should be masked so that all ESXi Hosts can see th e LUNs
C. The Boot LUN should be masked so that all ESXi Hosts can see the LUN, while the datastore LUNS should be masked so that only one ESXi Host can see the LUNs
D. The Boot LUN and datastore LUNS should be masked so that only one ESXi Host can see the LUNs
24. Which two are requirements when booting from SAN (Choose Two)?
A. The Storage Array port WWN specified in the BIOS configuration of the HBA must be passive
B. The HBA should be plugged into the lowest PCI bus and slot number
C. The boot LUN should only be visible to the ESX Server that is booting from it
D. The boot LUN should be visible to all ESX Servers for HA failover
25. What VMware solution is identified by hosting user desktops in a centralized manner and bro kering user access?
A. VMware View
B. VMware vCenter Site Recovery Manager
C. VMware Workstation
D. VMware vCenter Orchestrator
26. VMware Site Recovery Manager requires which of the following two VMware products as part of the solution (Choose Two)?
A. VMware vCenter Server
B. VMware HA
C. VMware Data Recovery
D. VMware ESX/ESXi
27. An administrator manages a site with remote workers, business partners and third-party service providers. These users need access to corporate data and network resources while adhering to security and corporate governance regulations. Which of the following VMware solutions can provide the power and versatility of virtual machines with the security and control of centrally managed desktops?
A. VMware Lifecycle Manager
B. VMware Workstation
C. VMware View
D. VMware Server
28. An administrator needs to verify the functionality of virtual machines created in several different formats prior to converting them to ESX/ESXi. Using VMware Player, which of the following virtual machines can be run directly on an administrator desktop (Choose Two)?
A. Norton Ghost 10
B. Acronis True Image
C. Microsoft Virtual Server/Virtual PC
D. VMware Fusion
29. Which of the following VMware solutions provides rich, personalized virtual desktops to Thin Clients and repurposed PCs with all the benefits of centralized desktop management?
A. VMware Workstation
B. VMware ACE
C. VMware View
D. VMware Fusion
30. Which of the following files are part of a typical virtual machine?
A. BIOS File (.nvram)
B. VMotion Transfer File (.vmt)
C. Configuration File (.vmx)
D. Virtual Disk File (.vmdk)
E. Hardware File (.svr)