IBM 000-076 Exam - Cheat-Test.com
Free 000-076 Sample Questions:
1. What IBM technology makes it easier for a customer to quickly locate and identify a failed server component?
A. Memory Mirroring
B. Predictive Failure Analysis
C. Processor Clockspeed
D. Light Path Diagnostics
2. Which of the following Cool Blue technologies will help energy consumption budgeting of System x servers based upon current actual consumption?
A. IBM Standalone Solutions Configuration Tool (SSCT)
B. IBM Active Energy Manager
C. Rear Door Heat eXchanger
D. IBM Power Configurator
3. What IBM pre-sales guidance resource would you use to make sure the Systems x hardware and application software are appropriately matched up?
A. xREF Sheets
B. Standalone Solutions Configuration Tool (SSCT)
C. IBM Sizing Guides
D. IBM ServerProven
4. Which IBM resource is a Web-based data repository for tested and supported hardware, applications, and middleware for System x and BladeCenter?
A. IBM Sizing Guides
B. Configuration & Options Guide COG
C. Standalone Solutions Configuration Tool (SSCT)
D. IBM ServerProven
5. A customer is concerned about the high energy cost associated with their data center. Specifically, their concern focuses on the cooling cost of many hundreds of servers. You have a meeting with the CIO and CFO to propose a solution. How would you prepare yourself for the meeting?
A. Since their capacities and usage models vary, ask the customer to turn off some of the servers during off-peak and low demand time.
B. Investigate their expansion plans and suggest to the customer the removal of some of their servers to another location and retirement of the older servers.
C. Contact the CFO to find out the targeted energy savings of the company and propose to the customer the purchase of a more efficient cooling system.
D. Contact the CIO for a list of servers and type/model numbers. Complete a proposal outlining the savings on energy cost by deploying an IBM BladeCenter solution and total cost of ownership and return on investment.
6. CIOs and their staff have very little experience architecting or designing solutions to support unknown workloads. As executives focus on compliance issues, more systems must be architected to align with emerging or poorly defined requirements. If the customer prefers an integrated solution physically consolidated in a scalable, single framework that can connect to an enterprise class storage area network, what solution would you recommend?
A. Multiple 1U and 2U servers equipped with FC HBAs to connect to the enterprise SAN
B. Single 3U/4U servers expandable to 32-way equipped with FC HBAs to connect to the enterprise SAN
C. BladeCenter, expandable to 14 blades equipped with FC HBAs, and redundant 20-port FC SAN Switch modules to connect to enterprise SAN
D. IBM 1350 Cluster equipped with FC HBAs to connect to enterprise SAN
7. The CIO of a research and technology company recently sent an email outlining his organization's Information Technology plans for the next 12 to 18 months. He asked for proposals that satisfied the following requirements:
--Recommend an Opteron AMD server capable of running as a 3-way but can be upgraded to a 4-way server.
--Recommend a four (4) way Intel Dual core 3.5GHz Sever capable of being upgraded to a 16 way server. What servers would you propose?
A. IBM x3755 and IBM x3850
B. IBM x3650 and IBM LS41 Blade
C. IBM x3655 and IBM x3650
D. IBM x3755 and IBM x3950
8. The IBM Systems & Technology value proposition is built on:
A. Realize Innovation, Manage Growth Complexity and Risk, Go Green and Save
B. Collaboration, Virtualization, and Ecosystem
C. Innovation, Collaboration, and On-Demand
D. Openness, On-Demand, and Green
9. The Virtualization Manager manages physical and virtual machines through a single console. Which vendor offers this product to its customer at no additional charge?
10. The customer asks for a scalable SQL server solution. What advantages supports the choice of the System x3950?
A. More processing 'head room' for a SQL infrastructure using eXpand on Demand
B. A more affordable platform choice than HP Itanium based server
C. IBM Services to install and support the solution
D. All of the above
11. What's the strongest differentiator between 2U servers offered by IBM, HP, and Dell?
A. DIMM slots
B. hot swappable fans
C. hot swappable hard drives
D. none of the above
12. Which of the following listed diagnostics products provides easy notification and identification of a failed component, even if the power is off?
A. Insight manager
C. LightPath Diagnostics
D. Sun Server Diagnostic
13. A sales specialist is presented with a very large, complex opportunity. The customer is in the process of identifying business requirements. Which of the following tasks is most important to position IBM as the leader to capture this opportunity?
A. Call the IBM Client Representative and ask the rep to influence the company's executives.
B. Develop a strategy to better understand and possibly influence the customer's success criteria.
C. Using IBM's opportunity management system, request a technical team be formed to design a solution.
D. Nominate the customer for a funded IBM Server Consolidation study.
14. A potential new customer needs servers and requests a response to their hardware specifications, which are all related to hardware speeds, disk, and memory configuration. The customer requests a quote within 48 hours. Which of the following should the System x Sales Specialist do to MAXIMIZE the odds of winning this business?
A. Request an extension because 48 hours will not be enough time to propose an appropriate solution.
B. Ask the customer for a call to learn more about their needs and respond to their request with a complete solution.
C. Use the configuration guide or spreadsheet configurator to assemble server configurations that meet the specification, and then look for the lowest price.
D. Contact the IBM Client Representative for this account and ask for assistance in setting up a meeting with the technical decision maker of the prospective customer.
15. A Sales Specialist receives an email from a customer, requesting information on IBM's best Server Consolidation solution. How should the Sales Specialist proceed?
A. Send the customer information on VMware
B. Send the customer information on IBM BladeCenter
C. Call the customer to ask why they are consolidating
D. Send the customer information on IBM System P